Suggestions for faster turnaround times
Technology has dramatically changed the appraisal industry over
the last decade. There have been many developments in technology
and e-commerce that have improved turnaround times on appraisal
assignments. We are taking advantage of all of them. Here are
some suggestions to aid us in providing you with the best possible
1. Are you ordering appraisals on-line? With on-line ordering,
you get automatic e-mail acknowledgements that the assignment
2. Are you providing complete and accurate information about the subject property? There's nothing like being one number off on the street address to add unnecessary time to an appraisal assignment. And if you have a tax parcel number, plat map number, subdivision name or anything else that uniquely identifies the property, please pass it along. We even welcome lists of recent sales in the area — though be advised that professional appraisers must always do their own due diligence on comparable sales, and ours might differ from yours.
3. Are you letting us know up front any details about the property
that might make it unique? For example, it has had a recent
addition put on, it is subject to zoning restrictions, it is
prone to flooding. These are things we will find out on our
own anyway, but knowing them as soon as possible makes your
report arrive more quickly.
4. Inform your applicant about the appraisal process. Let them
know who we are and that we will be calling. They are more comfortable
with the appraiser when you, someone they have been working
with on their loan, tells them about us. Please feel free to
point them to this website, where we have much information about
us and the appraisal process. Encourage them to call us if they
want to familiarize themselves with our staff and services.
And tell them it is in their best interest to set the appointment
as quick as possible.
5. Are you using our website as a resource to keep track of
your report’s status? Up to the minute status updates
are available on-line, anytime, twenty-four hours a day, seven
days a week. As each milestone in an assignment is completed,
that information is available to you. It has never been easier
and faster to keep track of your report’s status.